Monday, July 8, 2013

Summer Flower Vase

Although the 4th of July has come and gone for 2013,
I like to keep my patriotic decorations out until Labor Day.
I designed this whimsical vase of paper flowers with Doodlebug's "Stars & Stripes" Collection
and a couple of the different McGill Paper Blossoms Punches

 For the 'blue star' flowers, I layered two of the same blooms and staggered the petals
just a little.  Use the molding mat and a stylus tool to achieve a nice rolled effect to the flowers.

For the 'striped' flowers, I layered the flowers so that the two blooms were back to back
and a mirror image.  To these, I gently molded the center of the flowers only.

After punching a small red Petite flower, I added them to the center of each blossom with
a foam dot.  The flowers were then glued to bamboo skewers that I had wrapped with
Doodlebugs' Washi tape!

McGILL PRODUCTS USED:

Thanks for stopping by today!  

No comments:

Post a Comment